Terms of Service
1) Eligibility The Site, Applications and Services are intended solely for persons who are 13 or older. Any access to or use of the Site, Applications or Services by anyone under 13 is expressly prohibited. By accessing or using the Site, Applications or Services you represent and warrant that you are 13 or older. You will not access the Site or attempt to purchase goods if you are located in a country embargoed by the U.S., or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals.
2) Account Registration In order to access certain features of the Site and Services you must register to create an account ("Account"). You may register with the Site through your account with certain third party social networking services, including Facebook and Twitter (collectively, "SNS"). When you register through your SNS account, you will be asked to login to the Services using your SNS account credentials. By creating an Account via your account with an SNS, you are allowing us to access your SNS account information and you are agreeing to abide by the applicable terms and conditions of your SNS in your use of the Services via such SNS. Members have the option to disable the connection between their Account and SNS account at any time by accessing the SNS account and disconnecting access to the Services. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your Account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your Account. You will not transfer your Account to anyone without first getting our written permission. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your Account if any information provided during the registration process or thereafter proves to be inaccurate, not current or incomplete.
4) Ownership The Site, Applications, Services and Site Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we own all right, title and interest in and to the Site Services and content made available through the site (the “Site Content”), including all associated intellectual property rights. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Site Services or Site Content.
5) Site Content Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, without the right to sublicense, to access, view, download and print any Site Content solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes. You will not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the Site, Services, or Site Content except as expressly permitted in these Terms. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by us or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in these Terms.
6) Member Content We may permit you through your Account to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit content to the Site (the “Member Content”). We do not claim any ownership rights in any Member Content and nothing in these Terms restricts any rights that you may have to use and exploit any Member Content. By making available any Member Content through the Site, Applications or Services, you grant us a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, view, and otherwise exploit such Member Content only on, through or by means of the Site or Services. You are solely responsible for all Member Content that you make available through the Site and Services. You represent and warrant that you are the sole owner of all Member Content that you make available through the Site, Applications and Services or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases necessary to grant us the rights in such Member Content, as contemplated under these Terms. You also represent and warrant that neither the Member Content nor your posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmittal of the Member Content or our use of the Member Content will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. We reserve the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit any content.
7) General Prohibitions You agree not to do any of the following, either directly or indirectly: Modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any Site Content, products, services or other intellectual property obtained from or through this Site, without our express written consent. Use, display, mirror or frame the Site, or any individual element within the Site, our name, trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without our express written consent. Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site, our computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of our providers. Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any of our systems or networks or breach any security or authentication measures. Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by us or any of our providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Site or Site Content. Attempt to access, monitor, search, copy, download or scrape the Site or Site Content, for any purpose, through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like), or through the use of any manual process, other than the tools provided by us within the Site or by means of generally available third party web browsers, without our express written permission. Take any action that is harmful to, inconsistent with or disruptive of the Site, and/or the beneficial use and enjoyment of the Site by its users, including but not limited to any form of unauthorized automated traffic or scripted scraping, or taking any action that may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable load on our infrastructure. Access or use the Site or Site Content, to design, develop, test, update, operate, modify, maintain, support, market, advertise, distribute or otherwise make available any website, program, application, service, device, technology, product, or computer program that competes with, or enables or provides access to, use of, operation of or interoperation with, the Site or Applications. Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation. Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing our trademark, logo URL or product name without our express written consent. Use the Site, Applications or Site Content for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms. Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Site or Site Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information. Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site or Site Content. Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Site. Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Site from other users of the Site or Applications without their express permission. Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity. Violate any applicable law or regulation or. Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing. We reserve the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to any Site Content that we, at its sole discretion, considers to be objectionable for any reason, in violation of these Terms or otherwise harmful to the Site or Services.
9) Change or Termination We may, without prior notice, change the Site or Services, stop providing the Site or Services, or create usage limits for the Site or Services. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Site or Services without notice or liability, for any reason or for no reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement or your access to the Site or Services for any reason or no reason, you will continue to be bound by the terms of this Agreement which, by their nature, should survive termination, including without limitation ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
10) Disclaimers THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, SERVICES, PRODUCTS AND SITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, SERVICES OR SITE CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICE OR SITE CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, APPLICATIONS OR SERVICES OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY SITE CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, APPLICATIONS OR SERVICES. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SITE, APPLICATIONS OR SERVICES AND WITH OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE, APPLICATIONS OR SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE DOE NOT SCREEN OR INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUND OF ANY USERS OF THE SITE OR SERVICES OR THEIR ACCOUNTS, NOR DO WE MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF USERS OF THE SITE OR SERVICES. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS OF THE SITE OR SERVICES OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE USERS OF THE SITE, APPLICATIONS OR SERVICES.
We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any Member Content posted or sent over the Site or Service. You shall be solely responsible for your Member Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your Member Content. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to Member Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose, and you agree that we shall not be liable for any damages you incur or allege to incur as a result of Member Content.
11) Indemnity You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us, our officers and directors, if applicable, employees and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with: i. Your access to or use of the Site, Applications, Services or Site Content ii. Your Member Content iii. Your violation of these Terms.
12) Limitation of Liability YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, SERVICES AND SITE CONTENT REMAINS WITH YOU. NEITHER US NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SITE, SERVICES OR CONTENT WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, SERVICES, SITE CONTENT , OR FROM ANY COMMUNICATIONS, INTERACTIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SITE, APPLICATIONS OR SERVICES OR OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, SERVICES OR SITE CONTENT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US AND YOU. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The Service is controlled and operated from its facilities in the United States. We make no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable United States and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to export and import regulations. You represent and warrant you are not located in a country embargoed by the United States or that has been designated by the United States government as a “terrorist-supporting” country, and that you are not a foreign person or entity blocked or denied by the United States government or otherwise listed on any United States government list of prohibited or restricted parties. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Service are solely directed to individuals, companies, or other entities located in the United States.
13) Proprietary Rights Notices All trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations used herein are our trademarks or registered trademarks. Any other trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective parties. [OPTIONAL: 14) Controlling Law and Jurisdiction These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. 15) Arbitration Any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of this Agreement shall be finally settled by arbitration in New York County, New York, using the English language in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. ("JAMS") then in effect, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving intellectual property and commercial contract disputes, who shall be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS. Judgment upon the award so rendered may be entered in a court having jurisdiction, or application may be made to such court for judicial acceptance of any award and an order of enforcement, as the case may be. Any arbitration under this Agreement will take place on an individual basis: class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT, WE ARE BOTH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party shall have the right to institute an action at any time in a court of proper jurisdiction for injunctive or other equitable relief. ]
14) Notification Procedures We may provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through posting of such notice on our website, as determined by us in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to our Account holders, provided that you may opt out of certain means of notification as described in this Agreement. We are not responsible for any automatic filtering you or your network provider may apply to email notifications we send to the email address you provide us.
15) Entire Agreement These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between us and you regarding the Site, Services, Site Content, and Member Content and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between us and you regarding the Site, Applications, Services and Content.
16) Assignment You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. We may assign or transfer these Terms, at its sole discretion, without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
17) Notices Any notices or other communications permitted or required hereunder, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be in writing and given by us: i. via email (in each case to the address that you provide) ii. by posting to the Site or via the Application. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
18) General The failure of us to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by our duly authorized representative. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
19) How to contact us We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Site and Services. If you have any enquiries about these Terms or any questions, complaints or claims with respect to the Site, please contact us directly.